“[GO-Global] saves our 600 to 1,000 users a total of around 200
man-hours per two-week pay period, and that’s only one forest. With 19
forests here in California using the system, the savings are
Computer Systems Analyst, USDA Forest Service
Government Case Studies
GO-Global for UNIX Pulls USDA Forest Service out of the Woods
Customer: The Forest Service is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) that manages public lands in national forests and grasslands.
Requirement: Needed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of remote site access to its UNIX-based applications.
Solution: GO-Global for UNIX.
- Reduced download times of graphics-intensive forms from 40 minutes to less than one minute.
- Saved over 98,000 man-hours per year.
- Increased productivity by easing paperwork burden.
GO-Global Provides Military with Fast, Secure Access to Graphics-intensive UNIX Apps over Low-Bandwidth Links U.S. Department of Defense
Customers: U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, SPAWAR/U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), USJFCOM, and PACOM/JICPAC.
Requirement: Needed a fast and secure solution allowing remote access to graphics-intensive UNIX applications over low-bandwidth connections.
Solution: GO-Global for UNIX is rapidly becoming the standard for many U.S. defense agencies.
- Provides military personnel with a near real-time picture and data of the battle space.
- Enables higher utilization of existing computer and communications resources.
- Facilitates two-for-one client workstation consolidation.
- Operates over congested data lines and commercial satellite links.